Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Oasis


I know that not every day is easy . . . know that trials and difficulties are part of life. But lately it seems I have been journeying through a personal and spiritual wilderness. Life feels dry, harsh and barren. The harder I try to move forward, the farther backwards I seem to fall. And the joy I usually find in life has evaporated in the heat of the day. In the midst of the heat and the struggle and the dryness, the wind begins to whip around; the sand swirls into a blinding storm of stress.

As I move through my desert, I try to look for the lessons in the desert, but find I struggle to keep my eyes on the truth that is greater than this single moment in time. Now I find myself in need of an oasis. Not to hide from the challenges and fears I face, but a place that restores my soul. Through the sand storm, I am finding I have the power to create my own oasis and am learning contentment in all things.

(Photo Source: best.berkeley.edu)

No comments: